Light of the World Retreat - Nov 2-5
- Fri. - 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- Sat. - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Sun. - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Mon. - 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
On this retreat you will personally encounter our Lord Jesus Christ, and renew your sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist. Each night you will return home to the comfort of your own bed. All meals, snacks and beverages will be provided for you while you are on retreat. (If you have any special needs let us know.)
We encourage you to dress comfortably and be prepared to travel between buildings for meals. You will not need to bring anything with you, but feel free to bring anything that will make you comfortable.
There will be a series of talks each day each one building upon the other. For this reason, we ask that you plan on attending the whole retreat. You won’t want to miss anything.
This is not a silent retreat. There will be time to talk and get to know your fellow parishioners making the retreat with you. Afterwards you will be invited to join a small faith-sharing community to continue to nurture and support you on your faith journey.
So that we can prepare for those attending we ask that you complete the attached registration form and mail or return it to the parish office as soon as possible. You will receive a confirmation letter.
For further information call Teresa, 476-4020
“I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have." 2 Timothy 1:6
What others have said about the Retreat:
- “I have found such inner peace. I am more aware of God in my life. My life has not been the same and I thank God every day for that!”
- “Being asked to go on the Retreat by my wife, I found a closer relationship with others at our parish, (and) a greater, or better relationship with the Lord.”
- “I think it was one of the best things that ever happened to me! I just wish more of the Church would attend.”
- “I felt uplifted and encouraged by the Spirit of God. I encourage everyone to ‘take a chance’ on finding the love of God in each one’s life! You will never be the same.”
- “The Retreat helped me to find a sense of belonging to our parish community. God has gifted me with a caring group of people to journey closer to Him.”
- “I experienced a great feeling of love and caring when I needed it at a low point in my life – (the) love of Jesus as well as neighbor. (It) was great! (A) nice sense of community followed.”
- “The Retreat was a time to really get close to God, to hear about His forgiveness and faithfulness. Mostly, I felt the great love God has for each of us.” “The Retreat was a gift of God from God. To receive it is life changing…”
- “The Light of the World Retreat is a wonderful faith-filled weekend!”
- “God surprised me and touched me deeply. He showed me a person I needed to forgive, and when I did I knew why I was there. The journey never ends.”
- “The Retreat is an opportunity to stop and take time for reflection about your relationship with God the Holy Spirit. It is something you will never regret doing.”
- “It gave me a new opportunity to become closer to our Lord. I also enjoyed getting to know more members of our Hispanic community. Try it – you might like it!”
- “At the Retreat I was reintroduced to the love that Jesus has for me personally and this reawakened the joy of His love which I had not experienced or accepted since I was very young. I made a new beginning toward experiencing and living God’s love for me and sharing it with others.”
- “For me the retreat was a time of change. I was able to learn things about myself that I never knew. The fellowship of other parishioners whom I now call my friends means a lot to me.”
- “The retreat allowed my spouse and I to become closer to the Lord together. The retreat was a real springboard to community involvement with a group that is very dear to us.”
- “The Retreat rekindled a fire… Lord, what do You want ‘me’ to do with You and for You…”